Thursday, March 5, 2009

Where do you think America is headed?

Well, it's been a while since I blogged and I apologize for that. No doubt you have been watching and listening and know that America is hurting right now economically and in other ways. There was a poll out that I want to ask you and your friends to participate in. I have included it down at the bottom of the page. Keep scrolling all the way past my thoughts to the very bottom.

The poll talks about where you think America is headed with God. There are several vs in the Bible that talk about how important it is for any nation to trust God, follow His principles and pray. I believe there is a great remnant of Believers still very active in America, but our leadership as a whole??? I wonder.

The Dow, Stock Market etc...is just a symptom of a deeper problem. Money is not America's problem. Trying to solve our problems with money and w/o Godly principles is our problem. Just as a fever is not the problem, it just indicates that there is something deeper going on in our bodies, the body politic has a high fever and the sinking economy is that indication.

I believe it it going to get much worse before it gets better. That's why it's so much more imperative that we as believers PRAY for our country, the world and the Peace of Israel as the Bible tells us to.

Well, if you are so inclined, please take the poll and respond and tell me what you think.
Just a thot,
Pastor Dan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see anything linking me to a poll but then this is the first blog I have actually looked at! I must say that we as a family are getting back to basics. It's amazing how much fun you can have putting a puzzle together, playing board games, watching a movie we already own. I am going back to my roots and doing more cooking from scratch. It is amazing how much money you can save when you buy a whole chicken and cut it up yourself. You get to keep the little pieces and use the bones to make your own stock for soup or casseroles. I am also using a lot more coupons and finding the stores that do double coupons. The biggest thing that the plunging economy is teaching me is that God is still in control! Not me, not my husband! GOD!! I am talking to him more! That's the best!

Anonymous said...

I can't find the link for a poll either! Anyway, I live old-fashioned, save what I can, give back to God what I can, spend what I have to, and cook a lot of beans and cornbread! I try to not be a worrier as this can lead to poor health. God is in control, anyway, and our job is to pray He keeps our government leaders going in the right direction.
Nancy R.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor Dan,
maybe next time you do a pole you can let them know to keep scrolling down and they will see it. I wanted to see the comments before looking for it. When 2 people said they didn't see it I almost just commented and didn't look, but I had to make sure for myself. Sadly I see it going that way. Praying for the USA, Israel and the world of fellow believers to wake up and hook up with God. The hard thing about praying for our leaders is that so many of us have a hard time respecting them enough to be praying in truth for them but more in a selfish prayer that they do better. Oh the hardship of fallowing the words of Jesus when he tells us to love. We should even love out enemy... what's sad is that I some times feel like that is our political leaders. But I have to come to understand that I am not to be of this world. Money has never meant much to me... The Lord will provide my needs there are others to worry about (Luke 12:15-34). Our country is sinking in so many places... but that's because the country is like the man that built his house on the sand. We as a country have and are continuing to forsake our first love. We has believers have a responsibility to stand for Christ and rebuild our foundation on the Lord. But even a lot of churches have done as our country has done and forsake the Lord... it is a sad thing what has been going in this world. Only a God of TRUE love can give so much time to return to HIM. Pray hard for this world! Every day we are on day closer to the end... and may even be hours, minutes or even seconds away... but here I am on my laptop and I don't even know if I will get to send this. So where is this county going?... good question... better yet how will it stand when it gets there?

Paul Pace

Anonymous said...

I actually believe that America is now a post-christian culture. Author and futurian (is that a word?) Reggie McNeal writes this in his book The Present Future...

“The world is profoundly different than it was at the middle of the last century, and everyone knows it. But knowing it and acting on it are two different things. So far the North America church largely has responded with heavy infusions of denial, believing the culture will come to its senses and come back around to the church. The rate of disconnection indicates a dilemma far more serious than mere youthful rebellion...”

I believe that this change may not be all negative because it may cause the bride to become more like what God intended - a cause and not a club...